Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Things that are grinding my gears

The stress of many years has finally gotten to me. As I dealt with slow traffic and an ultra-shitty commute due to flooding I received a barely decipherable call from my old lady. All I could hear was her bawling and the child screaming. I can't make traffic move any faster, I barely slept last night due to my old lady being sick and me being home wasn't going to happen any time soon.

Then, as I pulled in to my driveway, I heard the telltale low growl signaling that my rear brakes had finally met their maker. It was the frothy shit icing on my shit cake week.

But my sister-in-law, with three young kids of her own, called me too during my commute from hell and knew what was going on and graciously offered to pick up my kid and take her for a bit so we could regain our composure.

So, in the end, there was someone there ready and willing to help. She said that she owes us for all the times we've helped her. Maybe Minnesota nice, even after all those times I've claimed it was a huge lie does exist. Maybe it comes out during the truly worst of times. And maybe, just maybe, things will slowly fall back in to place with my work, my commute, my old lady's job and her commute and everything will begin to balance out once again.

Until then, MinnPics is a calm and compelling respite from the stress of the day. Check out the stunning photos of Minnesota and tell a friend about the site too!

No comments: