Tuesday, May 13, 2008

All hail Captain Condom...

Sex education is that one topic that makes school-age children squirm and giggle. It's also one of the most avoided topics in schools in the age of abstinence-only education but if the films shown were of this caliber, I'd even pay attention.



And no, that isn't me in bed or in the superhero costume.

h/t

9 comments:

Brendan said...

I found this unbearably lame and preachy, not to mention horribly acted. I suspect my 15-year-old self would have felt the same way.

You want a better superhero, go with Trojan Man.

Sornie said...

The lameness and bad acting was why I actually liked it. Go figure.

Kyra said...

You know, it's a little creepy that the outfit that Captain Condom uses doubles as one of those "spice up your marriage" kit inclusions.

Um. Not that I'd know.

Michelle Ann said...

I went to an all girls Catholic high school. Our sex education consisted of 6 pregnant teenagers lined up in front of us to tell us how HORRIBLE their lives were... Shock teaching...another great approach to sex from the Catholics.

Sandy said...

wtf is that. horrible acting

Beth said...

I thought one of those characters might have been you until they spoke - wrong accent.

Brendan said...

Sornie:

The lameness and bad acting was why I actually liked it. Go figure.

Yeah, I get that. "So bad it's good" works for me sometimes, too. I guess not so much in this case, for whatever reason. Maybe it's because it's supposed to be an instructional video, and it's about a topic which has so much other bad information and presentation associated with it. It reminds me of those horrible drug-scare movies they used to show me back in the day -- when I (as a teenager) get a message lamely delivered, I tend to think the message shouldn't be respected, either.

Ashley said...

"so bad it's good"

I love it. totally hilarious.

ginger b said...

I don't hate it, but I didn't really feel like having sex after watching it either.

I guess that means its working?