Why do the greats never get the attention they are worthy of?I ask this because in many ways, America seems to refuse to experiment. Are we truly a nation that has become afraid of trying something new? Are we a collective of people so ingrained in our ways that we are unable to move forward?
Today I encourage you to push yourself and try something new over the weekend. Report what you did to break out of your current mold. It doesn't have to be something earth-shattering. It can be something as small as watching the following video from Girl in a Coma entitled "Clumsy Sky".
7 comments:
I'll jump in to the pool first and say that I will be going full steam ahead into video production beginning this afternoon. Whether it advances my career or not, only time will tell.
RE: "...Why do the greats never get the attention they are worthy of?
Because we are overflowing with choices. Because diversity has become so granular and what is "great" is so incredibly subjective. The other side of that coin is that there are many people, places and things that are mythologized that are so enormously overrated. I like your challenge about trying something new this weekend. I'm trying to see how I can fuck up a new relationship. ; )
P.S. - are you trying to tell me something Sornie (on my post)?
Okay, let's see... I know, I'll sleep on my LEFT side this weekend!
i havent read a book for ages. i have read a nice book this weekend. Its not new but considering the fact it took 6 years to begin reading again its new for me.
They kinda remind me of The Sundays speeded up. :P
--snow
The SUndays, not familiar but I'll have to do some searching and go on a trek of discovery.
I'm reading this after the fact, but I did try some new cheeses this weekend, which were good.
Also, I busted out my bikes and took one for a spin on a city bike path I had never been on before. Not exactly climbing Mt. Everest, but it was a slow weekend...
Post a Comment